- Fights the free radical damage that leads to premature aging
- Helps reduce symptoms of perimenopause
- Helps provide relief for symptoms of knee osteoarthritis
- Helps support cognitive health in older individuals
- Strengthens capillaries and blood vessel walls
As we age, inflammation and free radicals cause increasing damage, threatening the health of delicate tissues. Natural Factors Pycnogenol® is a natural plant extract derived from French maritime pine bark (Pinus pinaster) that strengthens cell membranes.
Pycnogenol helps restore the integrity of tissues, improving skin elasticity and smoothness while supporting the health of blood vessels, lung tissue, and intestinal membranes. Pycnogenol is one of the most potent scavengers of free radicals. It acts as a natural anti-inflammatory, helps generate collagen and hyaluronic acid to repair membranes, and aids in the production of endothelial nitric oxide, which helps dilate blood vessels. Pycnogenol is increasingly recognized as beneficial for improving symptoms of perimenopause, when the body’s natural antioxidant defences, collagen, and hyaluronic acid production begin to decline.
- Pycnogenol French maritime pine bark extract is extracted from the bark of pine trees (Pinus pinaster) grown exclusively in Les Landes de Gascogne forest in southwest France near the famous Bordeaux region.
- The forest is an unspoiled and natural plantation with no pesticides and no herbicides.
- May help provide relief for symptoms of osteoarthritis of the knee, including pain and stiffness.
- Helps reduce blood C-reactive protein, a clinical marker of inflammation.
- Helps reduce (climacteric) symptoms associated with perimenopause, including hot flushes, restlessness (difficulty falling asleep), and poor mental concentration and focus.
- Helps support cognitive health in an aging population (>60 years of age).
- Provides antioxidants.