- Provides antioxidants that help maintain eye health
- Protects the retina from free radical damage and conditions associated with exposure to sunlight, such as cataracts
- Helps in the treatment and prevention of age-related macular degeneration (AMD)
- Improves visual acuity and contrast sensitivity by increasing the optical density of macular pigment
- Contains zeaxanthin, which is essential for a healthy macula (the central area of the retina that sees fine detail)
Lutein is the principal carotenoid concentrated in the macula, the central area of the retina responsible for vision. Lutein and companion carotenoid zeaxanthin work in synergy to provide nutritional support to our eyes and skin– the only organs of the body directly exposed to the outside environment. Their primary role is to provide antioxidant protection against sunlight-induced free radical damage.
Natural Factors uses LuteinRich – a naturally-sourced lutein and zeaxanthin derived from marigold petals. LuteinRich is non-irradiated and non-GMO.
- An antioxidant for the maintenance of eye health.
- Helps maintain/support eyesight in conditions (associated with sunlight damage) such as cataracts and age-related macular degeneration.
- Helps reduce the risk of developing cataracts and helps improve macular pigment optical density.